Of Counsel / LOS ANGELES, NEW YORK,
Has traveled to 40+ countries
Of Counsel / LOS ANGELES, NEW YORK
Linda Davinson is a member of the Firm’s Corporate and Banking & Financial Services Practice Groups. She represents international and national banks, commercial finance entities, investment banks, and a variety of businesses ranging from start-up to multi-national corporations. Her business-oriented approach to complex legal issues has led to successful commercial and corporate transactions for a wide range of commercial clients. Her international and multi-jurisdiction experience adds to her pragmatic and creative approach to negotiating and closing deals.
Ms. Davinson advises lenders and other businesses in secured and unsecured financing transactions ranging from acquisition financing, asset-based and cash-flow financing to recapitalization and convertible debt financing covering a range of sectors including real estate, manufacturing, retail and apparel, food and beverage, financial services, sports and general corporate financings. She also represents lenders and investors in loan workouts and liquidating collateral.
Ms. Davinson has lived and worked in Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, and Shanghai. She has published and lectured about doing business internationally including topics such as the Shanghai Stock Exchange and negotiating in China. She maintains a large national and international network that adds further value to her client relationships.
Ms. Davinson speaks Mandarin and Taiwanese.
Principal areas of focus include:
• Secured transactions
• Corporate and commercial transactions
• Real estate finance transactions
• Corporate counseling
• Bank workouts
• Perfecting Security Interests in U.S. Intellectual Property Assets, GFL's Legal Perspectives (May 3, 2017), available here
• CFPB Win: Online Lender CashCall “True Lender” in Partner Origination Model, Gerard Fox Law's Legal Perspectives (Oct. 3, 2016), available here
• Bitcoin is Not Money, Judge Rules, GFL's Legal Perspectives (Sept. 13, 2016), available here