Interactive Entertainment and Video Games
Gerard Fox Law’s Interactive Entertainment and Video Game Practice Group includes some of the most experienced lawyers in the field who have been representing clients continuously in all aspects of interactive software entertainment since the formative days of the industry in the early 1980s. We currently represent over 50 clients worldwide ranging in size from start-ups to established and successful AAA game development studios. These individuals and companies are at the forefront of developing and exploiting games and software apps on the latest console, computer, mobile, wireless and virtual reality hardware devices. In addition, the Firm has a history of representing composers, sound and audio companies, and middleware, technology, and content licensors.
Many law firms seek clients in the video game industry. It is rare to find the depth and breadth of experience in this industry available to clients at Gerard Fox Law.
Our practice includes:
- Negotiation and Preparation of Video Game Development, Publishing, Distribution, Marketing and Finance Agreements
- Negotiation and Preparation of Technology License Agreements
- Music Composition and Licensing
- Sports, Entertainment and Brand Licensing
- Acquiring, Managing and Protecting Intellectual Property
- Corporate and LLC Formation and Investment
- Mergers and Acquisitions in the Video game Industry
- Counseling on Labor and Employment Matters